I thought I would update on the comings and goings of the kids (since that's WAY more interesting than hearing about me,right? LOL)
First of all, last spring the boys took the WASL standardized test (B-O-O WASL!)We just received the results in the mail yesterday. Both boys passed with flying colors; Michael in reading, math and science, and Nicholas in reading and math. The best news, though, is that not only did Michael pass his reading portion, he received a PERFECT SCORE -475 out of 475! The WASL requires that you answer things the way they want them to be answered, whether it makes sense or not. Each answer is worth multiple points based on the way the answer is constructed and detailed. It's tricky to get all of the points on each answer. So, we are VERY impressed with, and proud of, Michael, for his great performance!
Soccer - both boys had games last Saturday (and will til the end of time!), in the rain, I might add. I am happy to report two landslide victories (unlike some presidential candidates I know, but I digress)! Nicholas won his game 6-1, and played an awesome game as keeper!!!!! Uncle Dave would be so proud of his goalie-nephew! :) Michael also won his game 10-2, although the opponent's second goal was scored off-sides, which even I could see, but the ref never called....grrrrr.....he let them have the goal since we were so far ahead, I think. Anyway, Michael's team is undefeated after 5 games, and Nicholas is 3-2, but his first two games were against insanely good select teams, and there was no chance for anyone to beat them. So, we consider them to be 3-0! :)
Emily was invited to sing with the 4-5-6 grade choir at Wildwood, as a 2nd grader! She is SO excited, and leaps out of bed on the mornings she rehearses. They have to be at school at 7:30, and she is always ready to go. Yesterday she came home from school looking gloomy. I asked her how her day was, and she said "Fiiiine", in a ho-hum voice. Her cheeks were droopy, eyes half open, the whole dramatic gloomy face going on. I asked her how choir was, and you'd think she'd suddenly won the lottery. A huge smile spread across her face, her eyes brightened up, and she started talking...and talking....and talking...and talking...about how fun choir was. She loves to tell me of the silly warm-ups her director does. It is pretty cute. Her first concert will be in December. I can't wait! You think I am a proud soccer mom? Just wait to see me as a proud CHOIR MOM!!! Do they make bumper stickers for that? LOL
Katie continues to get into EVERYTHING and talk CONSTANTLY. 'Nuff said. :)
So all's well in our neck of the woods. I am blessed to have great kids - they really are the best!
6 comments:
Wowsers! Way to go everyone! Give them all hugs and loves from me. I wish I could do it in person! I need a Proud Aunt bumper sticker!
Must be their great mom cheering or singing them along!! Emily has an amazing voice.... like somone else I know!!
How about if you and I get together and make our own "proud choir mom" bumper stickers? Natalie did great singing the national anthem last night. The announcer said afterwards, "can you please just not graduate so you can keep singing in all our plays and stuff?" Gary and I are going to hell for pride - I just know it.
I bet Mindy can help you with those "proud choir mom" stickers...I hope to see them proudly displayed on the back of your cars soon :)
Hey Jen - It has just been tooooooo long since I have seen you and your cute kids' faces! I'm trying to wrap my brain around all their talents and achievements but I still just see them as little babies. :0) But it sounds like they are a happy bunch and hope things just keep going up and up.
Your kids are doing great! Thanks for sharing and I agree there should be a CHOIR MOM bumper sticker! Make one and then sell them! You will be rich ;)
Post a Comment