Monday, December 15, 2008

Hit by Tsunami

That's what happened to the Milan team on Saturday in the Division Championship soccer game! Michael's team (the Tsunami) swept them clean 2-0 to clinch the well-deserved division title! They had a 5pm game, in about 25 degree weather, and they pulled it off! Michael's team tied this team during the regular season - their only "non-win" - and it was so AWESOME that they came back to shut them out!

Unfortunately, I was on the road to Seattle for a concert, but received updates from Chris every time something happened. I bawled in the driveway as they pulled away - it killed me to have to miss that game for a dumb concert. But I made it clear that I was there in spirit, and Michael was almost glad that his mom was NOT standing on the sidelined screaming her brains out (how embarassing!).

I am so proud of Michael and his team. They were truly FABULOUS this year! Let's see if we can take it again next season! GO TSUNAMI!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

SarahAnne said...

Awe-some! Tell him congrats for me, and I don't care if he doesn't want it - give him a hug for me! Way to go!!!!!

George and Caralee said...

Congrats Michael!
Merry Christmas to you all! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! from Jammie and Unca Dave! When I told Dave about Michael's team, his face lit up like a Christmas tree. He's is so totally proud of all his neices and nephews - but the soccer players are an extra special delight. Me, too - I am just bursting with (probably unrighteous) pride!! Love, Jammie