I just have to "put out there" my gratitude for friends and family, and for all of the many blessings in my life. Being the pessimist I am (sorry Carol, the "poptomist" was short lived...) I tend to dwell on all of the things that aren't going right, rather than to aknowledge the things that are. So I just wanted to publically express my gratitude for my loving and supportive family, a truly wonderful and devoted sister, for friends who stand by me through the thick of it all (and still love me once I emerge from the other end), for colleagues who have faith in me (often enough for the both of us, when mine is lacking), for my children, who daily make me want to be a better person, and who are living proof of my Heavenly Father's love for me - He chose to send these sweet spirits to me, of all people. I am so blessed.
I have to share something that happened last night, as I would be remiss not to be grateful and to share the little miracle that happened in my own life. I went to the temple with a friend (45 minutes away, not across town like most of you blokes!), and we sat in the car talking for a few minutes before going in. We headed in and stopped at the front counter, and I was promptly told that my recommend was expired; needless to say, my heart sank. I really needed to be at the temple last night, and it was the last night they were open before the summer closure for repairs and cleaning. Another brother was called up to the desk, and they asked me some questions and said they could call my bishop and see if he would "vouch" for me. I just knew that the bishop would be gone, given the tragedy that just hit our ward. Just then, my friend let out a gasp, and I turned around to see the bishop and his wife standing behind me. I started crying as he gave the temple patrons the "ok" to let me in. He and his wife were, in fact, late to the session they had planned on attending, so the fact that we were all there at the exact same time was nothing short of a mini-miracle for me. If we had even been 10 seconds off, we would have missed them, and not been able to reach them. So, off I went into the temple, with an enormous sense of love from my Heavenly Father, feeling like he was truly aware of me and my needs - He took care of me. It was a wonderful evening, and am grateful for it.
5 comments:
Jennifer, this is a great reminder. I am so thankful you were able to go the temple. It is a tender mercy that your Bishop just happened to be there. I've got goose bumps and tears in my eyes as I'm typing! Love you!!!
I have tears too. I thought the same thing about the "tender mercies" that come from our Heavenly Father. In the Book of Mormon, Nephi talks of tender mercies and tells us that we are "chosen" for "tender mercies" because of our "faith".(1Nep.1:20) Being in the temple shows your faith, Jennifer! I have received so many myself over the years! Love to you all!
Wow, that is a really awesome story. Thanks for sharing! I would have cried too...I'm not much of a crier, but that is the exact situation that would get me.
P.S. I JUST found out that you have a blog, NERD! I should have known long ago. I'll be checking in regularly!
I am so humbled by and amazed by this story. I am so grateful you had that experience. It is so powerful when we recognize the hand of the Lord in our lives!
Wow Jennifer, what a wonderful story. Truly a display of our Heavenly Father's love. He knows us, He knows what we need in our lives, and He blesses us enormously. Thanks for sharing that!
Post a Comment